IF WE ALL WROTE A GARDEN BOOK TOGETHER, WHAT CHAPTERS WOULD YOU WRITE?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jean, that'll be part of the chapter about watching the garden grow from a favorite tool called "the chair or the chaise lounge?", the part about accessories. A bottle of "friends only reserved" Yandell, 2005 Zinfandel that never has a price, lightly turned, only very slightly cooler than ambient temperature, a sparkling clean heavy glass crystal chalice with a silver earring around the base stem just large enough to tinkle. Sounds good to me.

Which chapters would you write Mickey?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Jean.Hennings said:
Has somebody already called 'shotgun' on the chapter about sitting back with a glass of wine once all of the gardening is done? :D
Oh! I wanna help with this chapter!! LOL

Seriously tho... I don't really know a WHOLE lot... but I'm a good gopher... and I'm pretty good at spotting typos and grammatical errors... most the time at least :p

I could contribute to the recipes section. :)

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, don't think I could take on a whole chapter, but I could certainly contribute to a few: preserving and recipes, composting/amendment, recycling/re-purposing. Oh...and that relaxing with the wine thing...I'm down with that. I don't make zin, but I have about 12 gallons of various wines and meads that are ready to bottle...should be very tasty by the time we get the book done...and I'm happy to share! :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I could contribute to composting, vermicomposting, interpreting soil test results and ammending the soil, and growing giant vegetables.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would take on the controversial subject of gardening/farming in 2012-13. Subject matter would deal with GMO, hybrid, heirloom, chemicals, etc.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would be an excellent chapter SeedCorn. I would want to read it.
I think it would be a great exercise for clear reasoning and research.
I'd like to see it done keeping the human tendencies of emotion out, on both sides of the issue. Maybe I should say on all sides of all the issues involved.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dahlias.....and maybe gardening with Poultry.
7566_dahlias_8_30_2009_136.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have hammocks, chaise, benches, chairs. My neighbors always ask why I have them. They say I never rest!Hahahah
marshallsmyth said:
Jean, that'll be part of the chapter about watching the garden grow from a favorite tool called "the chair or the chaise lounge?", the part about accessories. A bottle of "friends only reserved" Yandell, 2005 Zinfandel that never has a price, lightly turned, only very slightly cooler than ambient temperature, a sparkling clean heavy glass crystal chalice with a silver earring around the base stem just large enough to tinkle. Sounds good to me.

Which chapters would you write Mickey?

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anybody doing a chapter on gardening with kids? Getting them involved and making baby food from what you've grown? I know quite a bit about genetics and linebreeding for what its worth too.

Latest posts