I'm a big sissy

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Being in the 100's hear I've been hybrinating inside too. I have spent more time working on etsy listings for my store, and promoting that. Plus I've done more blog work, watched movies with my daughter and CLEANED! I've gone out to move the sprinkler around the yard throughout the day but I haven't weeded or done much else. I've harvested a few things early morning but that's it. After my daughter goes to bed and its cooled down outside, I bust out the canner and make jams.

We've supposed to be in the 80's-90's the next few days and lots of storms. I can deal with that!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There were storms and rain all around us yesterday and this morning and we didn't get a drop. But it's cooler outside. It was 84F at 10:00 this morning. The breeze feels good too. I took one of my weak beehives to a friend's house about 6 miles away at 5:00 this morning to let it set there for a week. I'll bring it back home next week to combine it with another colony. It was nice out then. Heavy cloud cover and windy.

C'mon rain drops! I haven't seen you in two months.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope you get that rain Smiles. I hope the drought conditions end for all of those suffering from the dryness.

I'm probably the biggest sissy of all. After whining about the lack of summer and how cold it was, and when is this darn rain gonna stop, it's now hot and I'm whining about how I'm probably going to sweat myself into a little puddle out there today.
But I know our heat doesn't hold a candle to what you all are experiencing. I will just shut my mouth and learn to be content with whatever we get.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We got just the barest sprinkle here. It's so frustrating when it looks like a sure thing and then isn't. But the lower temps made working in the garden a pleasure this morning.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really really feel sorry for ya'll. Ya'll aren't big sissies, just not used to cookie-baking-oven-hot-hot-HOT HEAT!!!! And did I mention HOT???? :lol: Here in good 'ol east Texas, 90-105 is considered quite normal for summer temps. We dress in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops almost all year around :lol: We are used to the "wilting" heat. And don't forget the humidity!! :barnie We walk outside and get sideswiped by 100+ degrees and bushwacked by humidity levels of 80% to 99% (and it is NOT raining??) We pop out in puddles of sweat and the makeup we oh so carefully applied that morning melts and slides down around our belly button. :gig Maybe we should just give up on the Cover Girl and go straight to latex paint. :ya

My garden was producing like crazy when many of you were bemoaning the cold and worrying about frost. Snow! Ice! Cold! (I look these words up in the dictionary) Most of the garden is cooked now. Still have lots of green beans, tomatoes and sweet potatoes are vining like mad. Will plant for fall in September. We have a garden all year round because of the mild climate. We do get snow occasionally, but it never hangs around more than 3 days. Hurricanes blast us and take the power out for weeks, drop trees everywhere, and give us special sparrow sized mosquitoes that suck all the blood out of us on the first bite. :thumbsup Sooooo........extending the invitation........ya'll come on down!!! If you have been bad in life and expect to go to HE!!, Texas is good practice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rain Rain Rain!!! Tons and Tons of rain!

What a glorious day... and I think it just barely hit 95 before the bottom dropped out and we were back in the 80's! :weee

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule, your post cracked me up! :D
I've been to Texas. A friend moved there and got married in July. :rolleyes: It might not be your hottest month, but I've never sweated so profusely just sitting still!
I will happily shovel snow for 6 months of the year and grow puny green tomatoes in order to live where I'm at!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
I really really feel sorry for ya'll. Ya'll aren't big sissies, just not used to cookie-baking-oven-hot-hot-HOT HEAT!!!! And did I mention HOT???? :lol: Here in good 'ol east Texas, 90-105 is considered quite normal for summer temps. We dress in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops almost all year around :lol: We are used to the "wilting" heat. And don't forget the humidity!! :barnie We walk outside and get sideswiped by 100+ degrees and bushwacked by humidity levels of 80% to 99% (and it is NOT raining??) We pop out in puddles of sweat and the makeup we oh so carefully applied that morning melts and slides down around our belly button. :gig Maybe we should just give up on the Cover Girl and go straight to latex paint. :ya

My garden was producing like crazy when many of you were bemoaning the cold and worrying about frost. Snow! Ice! Cold! (I look these words up in the dictionary) Most of the garden is cooked now. Still have lots of green beans, tomatoes and sweet potatoes are vining like mad. Will plant for fall in September. We have a garden all year round because of the mild climate. We do get snow occasionally, but it never hangs around more than 3 days. Hurricanes blast us and take the power out for weeks, drop trees everywhere, and give us special sparrow sized mosquitoes that suck all the blood out of us on the first bite. :thumbsup Sooooo........extending the invitation........ya'll come on down!!! If you have been bad in life and expect to go to HE!!, Texas is good practice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:yuckyuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats to funny, but I dont need anymore practice

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem, I am sooo jealous! We didn't get a drop but then again, we live about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs from you so I'm not surprised. DH works about 20 miles from the house and there have been way too many times that it rained there and not here. I'm getting so tired of these days of 100+ temps.

I saw on the weather channel online that every lower state is experiencing higher than normal temps these last 6 months except for Washington. DH might get his wish after all if he gets laid off. (Us moving to there.) I'm kinda looking forward to it now.