I'm a big sissy

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been crazy how scattered the rain has been this summer! I live west of Cincinnati, where we are in a moderate drought but the east side of the city is just fine. It's so weird.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
It's been crazy how scattered the rain has been this summer! I live west of Cincinnati, where we are in a moderate drought but the east side of the city is just fine. It's so weird.
I have a good friend in Anderson Township on the east side of Cincinnati about 50 miles from here and she says they have had too much rain this summer. She says her potato plants have rotted in the soupy soil. Go figure.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have a broken AC unit and 90 degree temps with 90% humidity... eating makes me feel like puking so no snacking here. down to 2 meals a day, breakfast and supper since those both occur when its cooler.... I dont like AC anyway and usually keep the house around 76-78F even with AC.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
They were predicting thunder showers today- and by some miracle the storms missed us, but we had nice, soft steady rain for a few hours. If it would have kept up for 3 or 4 days, we would have been good. But, it was wonderful to see the rain. The grass is still brown, but not crispy. We will see how the plants look in the morning...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
After being in a severe drought for the past few months, we have thankfully received about 4 inches of rain in the past 10 days or so. My DH had not given our lawn a complete mowing since May 18, just knocked down a few vigorous weeds as they sprung up. He finally mowed this past Thursday. I pray that you who have still not received that much needed rain will get it soon. I worry so much about the changing climate, and how undependable the weather seems to be now. The only thing we can depend on is extremes.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
I worry so much about the changing climate, and how undependable the weather seems to be now. The only thing we can depend on is extremes.
When I get fed up with all the political crap on television I switch to a BBC station. Yesterday they were showing that tornadoes ripped through an area of Poland where tornadoes are unheard of. Also there are showers predicted for places in the Gobi desert where it has not rained for many years. Somehow the meteorologists are very concerned about this moisture in the desert and the negative impact on the ecological balance there.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Nature will do what it's going to do and theres nothing they can do to stop it... the world has always run on cycles...

Latest posts