I'm starting to plan next years gardens, looking for feed-back.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Collector. :frow I don't order from Gurney's because of their prices mostly. And also looking for less common varieties. Swallowtail Garden Seeds has really been one of my favorites because I feel that I get a lot of bang for my buck!

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I agree with the Cherokee purple cracking...We planted Black Krim this year, I believe, even though I have Cherokee blood in me...that the black Krim is a better tasting tomato...late in the season though, here where it gets COOL this time of year, the Black Krim spilt too...
As for the feed back on the Moon & Star melons...
Can't agree with the reports...we raise them, they taste great...VERY SWEET...
the one below was 24 pounds, the one we are eating on now (2 people) is/was 37 pounds...it'll take us a couple days :lol:
melon3.jpg

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I really like the selection and prices at heirloomacresseeds.com, but be sure to order early and not in a hurry, whenever I have ordered from them, the website says it will be there in about two weeks, and it takes 4+ weeks...Everything they have is heirloom/non-GMO though, and their prices are low. They're a smaller company and sort of family-run, if you call or email them, you actually get to talk to a real person! I imagine their size is why they are slow at getting orders out.