In defense of winter

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I admit that, occasionally I think that I miss having real seasons, winter in particular but than again I've lived here in central Texas for over 30 years, and that may just be an old man's faulty memory. :idunno

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like winter, too, as long as it stays where it's supposed to, between November and April. Last year it went right through spring, at least it rained way more than it was supposed to in March/April and May!

Been an odd winter this year, it's 40 degrees out there and I can see brown grass in my front yard! Usually it's about 12f outside and snowing in February!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I still stand by what I said.....however, it's getting time to be spring- ( only 7 more days Lesa! ) - and then I'm done. Winter will need to be moving out or I won't defend it anymore!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I don't want to rub it in... but, I have stopped counting! Our weather is perfect! I am planting peas, and maybe a few other things this weekend. I have been out cleaning up the gardens. Our temps are in the 50's and 60's- and they are calling for 70 next week!! This is utterly crazy, and I fully expect we will be paying for this- but in the meantime I am in heaven! Hoping that spring is on its way to you- fast!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Lesa, I'm very happy for you, :) and I wont be looking for a bridge to throw myself off of, but it's just a little hard hearing that on a day like today. It's cold and windy and sleety :/ .

ETA But it was a good day to go to the dentist, if I'm going to feel yukky the weather might as well match.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no! Bad weather and the dentist?? I'm sorry! It was blustery and snowy here just a few days ago... so hopefully, your wait won't be long now!

Latest posts