In law rant

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I would normally take my rant to facebook but all of my in laws are my friends on there, so I'm going to do it here. Feel free to totally ignore me.

My father in law is coming to visit from California next week. This wouldn't be a problem except that he's bringing his wife, who I barely know. Now most people know that I don't like people I don't know, I'm not at all sociable, in fact I moved to the country so that I don't have to deal with people on a regular basis. Now I'm going to have a virtual stranger in my house for several days.
On top of being a stranger she's a vegetarian. I don't think I've EVER, in my entire life, cooked a meal that didn't have meat in it. Even my veggies have meat in them. Everything is better with bacon in my house.
On top of that she's had back surgery. Now, I live in a smallish house, I don't have a guest room or extra bed. If people come to visit me they sleep on the floor or on an air mattress if they bring one with them. I'm not about to give up my bed, so I have no idea where they are going to sleep.
On top of THAT she's allergic to everything. I have a big dog that's inside the house all day so that he doesn't eat my chickens. I have a cat and six kittens that my kids bring in and out 5 million times a day.Then there's the pollen and bugs and dust. Oh and did I mention that my idiotic dog ate the cord off of my vacuum cleaner so I can't even try to deal with the dust?

I'm really not looking forward to this... :barnie :he

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel bad for you Mama, I dont like to have to host out of town guests very much either. Hope she doesnt need you to wait on her hand and foot,cuz that might be what she gets LOL. Feeling like you have to keep someone entertained for a week or 2 can really give a person a bad attitude, unless they are friends then you just put them to work. Good luck, feel free to keep ranting on here untill she leaves it might help. Maybe she is a really nice person though!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck. No advice since you don't want any, just ability to rant, so RANT AWAY.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mama Chicken ! I feel your pain !! You sound just like me !! :celebrate Just do like you always do ! who cares what they think, you cant make everyone happy ! If they dont like it too bad !! :tongue This is YOUR house !! Good Luck !!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They should go to a hotel for the good of your I mean her health. Guests should not make special requests. Vegetarians that I know do the best they can to eat what they can that's put on the table.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geez, I think she should go to a motel, too. If I were her, I would WANT to go to a motel. I just can't see that working at all.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So long as your not hostile it should be ok. They'll figure it out pretty quickly that a hotel is in order. And don't even get me started on my MIL

Latest posts