In law rant

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
So long as your not hostile it should be ok. They'll figure it out pretty quickly that a hotel is in order. And don't even get me started on my MIL
I don't get hostile (I don't do confrontations), I just take off when I get overwhelmed. So, if I go missing I'm probably down at the creek, throwing rocks and cussing under my breath. ;)

Thanks everyone. It's good to be able to get it all out and get some sympathy. Even if it doesn't fix a darn thing, I feel better. :hugs

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Be sure they know about the anilmals in the house. Even if they go outside for the duration of the stay the allergins will still be there. I found this out when a relative allergic to cats spent a miserable night here 6 MONTHS after the cat was gone! They just might decide a motel is a better / healthier alternative all on thier own. :fl I 2nd the opinion that you do NOT have to wait on anyone hand and foot, go about your business as usual and ask then to JOIN you. :tools :mow (you could get some free labor or they scat!) A win win :celebrate Go ahead and vent anytime. Here is a hug if it helps. :hugs

smileyfacecat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I say let this woman come, live your life as you normally would. If she can't deal with it, then I guess this will be the one and only time you'll ever have to put up with her. Don't readjust your life to suit hers.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
TheMamachicken, I would let them know the accomodations in the house ahead of time. Let them know where they will be sleeping, about the animals, the fact that you have no vacumm cleaner, and the type of meals you will be making. You may suggest nicely that they may be more comfortable staying at a hotel. If they choose not to, continue living and doing what you normally do. They are adults and can make their own decisions and live with them. You also do not have to entertain them.

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would at least protest the husband to get you a new vacuum out of this!!!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
TheMamachicken, I would let them know the accomodations in the house ahead of time. Let them know where they will be sleeping, about the animals, the fact that you have no vacumm cleaner, and the type of meals you will be making. You may suggest nicely that they may be more comfortable staying at a hotel. If they choose not to, continue living and doing what you normally do. They are adults and can make their own decisions and live with them. You also do not have to entertain them.

Mary
What she said X2 :thumbsup

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've never understood people that think the rest of us should change our way of living to accommodate them. I consider them to be selfish and self-centered. I agree with everything that has been said here with the exception of the "tell them politely" part, but than I have a tendency to be blunt and to-the-point just so there's no chance of misunderstanding my meaning/intentions.

Know that you have the love and support of your friends here and don't stress, Mama. :throw

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
I would at least protest the husband to get you a new vacuum out of this!!!
V, you sure know how to work every angle lol. I sure hope this never rubs off on my wife ( oh crud, come to think of it maybe it already has hmmm!)

Latest posts