In law rant

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe she's nice.
The Mama Chicken said:
I would normally take my rant to facebook but all of my in laws are my friends on there, so I'm going to do it here. Feel free to totally ignore me.

My father in law is coming to visit from California next week. This wouldn't be a problem except that he's bringing his wife, who I barely know. Now most people know that I don't like people I don't know, I'm not at all sociable, in fact I moved to the country so that I don't have to deal with people on a regular basis. Now I'm going to have a virtual stranger in my house for several days.
On top of being a stranger she's a vegetarian. I don't think I've EVER, in my entire life, cooked a meal that didn't have meat in it. Even my veggies have meat in them. Everything is better with bacon in my house.
On top of that she's had back surgery. Now, I live in a smallish house, I don't have a guest room or extra bed. If people come to visit me they sleep on the floor or on an air mattress if they bring one with them. I'm not about to give up my bed, so I have no idea where they are going to sleep.
On top of THAT she's allergic to everything. I have a big dog that's inside the house all day so that he doesn't eat my chickens. I have a cat and six kittens that my kids bring in and out 5 million times a day.Then there's the pollen and bugs and dust. Oh and did I mention that my idiotic dog ate the cord off of my vacuum cleaner so I can't even try to deal with the dust?

I'm really not looking forward to this... :barnie :he

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh, no, I love my vacuum. He just needs to fix the cord. But I'll take plants or seeds. Hmmm, maybe more trees for the orchard, OR he could start on that greenhouse he's been promising me...yeah, this could work out to my benefit. I suppose I can play nice with the visitors for a week. Lol, it's not looking nearly so stressful since I realized that she not a vegan. She eats eggs, I have chickens. I can throw together a veggie omelet if she looks like she's starving to death.

And it's nit that she's not nice, Cat. I've met her once and she seems okay. But my hubby calls her his dad's "next ex-wife" and, sadly, it's probably true, because she's a lot like all of his other ex-wives (and ex-fiancees...and ex-girlfriends.)

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Wellp, how's it going so far Mama Chicken?
They don't get here until tomorrow evening. I'm currently blocking it from my mind so I can have a lovely Mother's Day. I'll start stressing again in the morning.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mamma Chicken, Happy Mothers day ! Dont stress yourself out ! You will be fine ! Like we all said above ,Just do like you normally do ! Just have a good time ! whether they like it or not !! :plbb

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
marshallsmyth said:
Wellp, how's it going so far Mama Chicken?
They don't get here until tomorrow evening. I'm currently blocking it from my mind so I can have a lovely Mother's Day. I'll start stressing again in the morning.
Maybe we'll have a blizzard here in Central Texas, and they'll... Oh right, Central Texas. Oh well, just trying to think positive. :lol:

nevermind.jpg

Never mind. :duc

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I deserve an award. Possibly sainthood. At the very least I should get a tiara.
I was pleasant and didn't say anything when the woman got drunk every night she was here even though my husband is a recovering alcoholic with 2 years sober.
I didn't say anything snotty to her when she made ugly faces because my food wasn't good enough her.
I didn't even smack her when she called me a "fast food whore" when she saw me eating a cheeseburger.
I DID smirk a little when she sat in chicken poop though. Instant Karma, baby...

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
I deserve an award. Possibly sainthood. At the very least I should get a tiara.
You deserve more than that, but here ya go:
trophy.jpg

Sorry, but I can't help you with sainthood part, but you deserve that too.
The Mama Chicken said:
I was pleasant and didn't say anything when the woman got drunk every night she was here even though my husband is a recovering alcoholic with 2 years sober.
I didn't say anything snotty to her when she made ugly faces because my food wasn't good enough her.
At that point I would have told her where to find a restaurant!
The Mama Chicken said:
I didn't even smack her when she called me a "fast food whore" when she saw me eating a cheeseburger.
That would have done it for sure! I would have told her to get her drunken butt oughta my house! Depending on how P.O.'d I was I might have added a baseball bat for emphasis.
The Mama Chicken said:
I DID smirk a little when she sat in chicken poop though. Instant Karma, baby...
I might have pushed her face down into it, and laughed and laughed and laughed. What goes around comes around. :lol: :rose :throw

Self-centered people annoy me to no end. :( One of my favorite pastimes is putting them in their place. ;)

Latest posts