In the greenhouse at night?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Depending on the day time temps you could possibly set new starts out there, but I wouldn't until the temp, in the greenhouse stays above 45 at night.

THANX RICH
I'm with this advice. I'd be scared :( but I'm also risk adverse

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Depending on the day time temps you could possibly set new starts out there, but I wouldn't until the temp, in the greenhouse stays above 45 at night.

THANX RICH
Exactly!! Horse breeders with very expensive stock heat their barns in the winter to...you guessed it, 45 degrees, constant. I have my tomato seedlings in a leaky 10 gallon fish tank, sitting on the ledge on my windowed but unheated east facing front porch. I have a heat mat underneath them. I have been unplugging and replugging it all week. This really is work, but the payoff is you haven't brought in any insects or mold from plants sold at box stores, which is where I am certain I picked up squash vine borers and squash bugs.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey all,

My greenhouse is finished which is very exciting but I am wondering if I can leave my flower seedlings in there at night? The lowest it is going to get at night in the next week is 33 degrees Fahrenheit.

Thank you!
Yeah, it sounds very exciting to have your own greenhouse... as an alternative for outdoor gardening, Kudos!! keep it up. I expect it to be very very beautiful.

Latest posts