Ingenious idea for adding space to garden

Liberty7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't post picture -- having trouble uploading.

WALL OF FOOD

Use 6" PVC pipe and whatever length you need; cut away a portion of the length of the pipe (for easy planting;) drill holes in bottom for drainage; screen over the ends; secure it to a rack, fence, or deck supports; add dirt; and plant away -- smaller plants on the top teir and the larger ones on the 2nd and third (bottom) tier.

The picture shows a 3-tier design of this method with TONS of lettuce growing. Other veggies can be planted as long as the root system will fit in that 6 inch deep receptacle.

This would be BEAUTIFUL with flowers in it.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Strange...a friend just sent me an e mail of this yesterday! He got it from some survivalist web site I think. It really does look pretty cool.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
5719_wallfood.jpg

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That is a really interesting idea, I wonder what plants you could or couldn't grow in it.

You could probably grow leafy greens, flowers, carrots?,

Do you think it would be big enough to grow tomatoes in?

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Andy123 said:
That is a really interesting idea, I wonder what plants you could or couldn't grow in it.

You could probably grow leafy greens, flowers, carrots?,

Do you think it would be big enough to grow tomatoes in?
It would depend on the size of the pipe you usedand the type of tomato. You could probably find a match though.

wishin4chicken

Leafing Out
Reaction score
That is such an interesting idea. It reminded me of something a local nursery does here. They use rain gutters attached to the walls of their greenhouses. It looks extremely attractive and seems to work really well.

Michele.

Latest posts