Introducing "Cherokee"

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to our beloved Spartacus, who had been our furry friend for over 10 years. We miss him so much.

It was very lonely around here with just the two of us. So.... we started looking for a new friend to share our lives.

I wanted a little fluffy lapdog... My husband wanted a watchdog.
So.. this was our compromise.

We now have a Great Pyrenees puppy. Oh my! I had forgotten how busy puppies are in the first few months!! But, in a year or so we should have a very good dog! Lots of training in our future!

Here are some photos.
1 19 15 Hose email.JPG
Flower Pot email.JPG
Airborne 01 email.JPG

Blue ball 01email.JPG

He is showing signs of being a good watchdog. He listens intently to new sounds when he is outside.
Watchdog 02 email.JPG

He is a very smart pup! No accidents in the house, pretty much goes potty on command now. Here in AZ he will be a house dog, especially once summer is here!

He had his first bath last Friday...
Bath 01 email.JPG

I can't think of a better way to have a puppy sleep for a couple of hours than to give them a bath and blow them dry.
All dry sleeping 07 email.JPG

And here he is on Daddy's lap all nice and clean!
Daddys lap 01 email.JPG

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can blow-dry him! That's panic time around here. Keep up on that part of his training before he gets much bigger.

With proper training you should have a nice dog. I like that choice. Busy is not exactly the word I'd use for a puppy, but I'm sure you have the patience to get through that phase.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You can blow-dry him! That's panic time around here. Keep up on that part of his training before he gets much bigger.

With proper training you should have a nice dog. I like that choice. Busy is not exactly the word I'd use for a puppy, but I'm sure you have the patience to get through that phase.

Years ago I used to show my Old English Sheepdog. So blow drying is introduced as soon as possible.
Peter with Ribbon edited.JPG

In the summer here... on a nice hot windy day... it will not take very long to get dry!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww, he's great! A very handsome fellow. I see how the compromise works, you still got the fluffy part, but the lap thing is obviously out. :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's sooo smoochable! I remember your old dog Spartacus. So sorry.

My 45 - 50 lb cattle dogs are lap dog wannabees...especially Titan. He thinks he's an 8 lb chi wawa...and wants to be held alot!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
.... so many lovely new puppies....
(no more dogs no more dogs no more dogs no more dogs)

He looks like he's already stolen you hearts and is already growing into a wonderful companion.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
He is so cute! Baymule just got one also. Now I want one but nope.

I was just thinking about you rebbetzin and your goat soaps. Missed you and glad you are back.

Mary

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
.... so many lovely new puppies....
(no more dogs no more dogs no more dogs no more dogs)

He looks like he's already stolen you hearts and is already growing into a wonderful companion.

I have said that sooooooo many times!! But... it gets lonely here with out a nice furry friend to follow me throughout the day. And sleep by my feet!
My room 02 email.JPG

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He is so cute! Baymule just got one also. Now I want one but nope.

I was just thinking about you rebbetzin and your goat soaps. Missed you and glad you are back.

Mary

I seem to have less time now that my husband is retired/out of work.... We are getting faster internet on Monday, so It will be easier to upload photos etc. My current internet speed is 115kbs! On Monday, it will be over 200+MGS. I can hardly wait!!!

Latest posts