Introducing "Cherokee"

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I necropsied a dog where a foxtail had migrated between the spine and the skull where the spinal chord enters the skull and deep into the brain causing blindness and much pain. The dog was put down at the Vet School and brought in for necropsy to confirm what was seen on x-ray as a shadow.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thankfully, here in the desert we don't have many foxtails to deal with. In California, they were a real problem! I have had to remove them from between the toes of my dogs in the past. They work their way under the skin and are HORRIBLE if they are not quickly seen and removed. Being a long haired dog fan, I LOVE brushing them! And the plan is to card and spin the undercoat from Cherokee to make yarn. I thought that would be fun!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew someone who did that with the fur from her Samoyeds. Fun? Yes!

Whatever are you doing up at 12:31 in the morning? Baby Cherokee needing a good brushing and keeping you awake or are you just getting home from a wild desert party?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I knew someone who did that with the fur from her Samoyeds. Fun? Yes!

Whatever are you doing up at 12:31 in the morning? Baby Cherokee needing a good brushing and keeping you awake or are you just getting home from a wild desert party?

I have been staying up to feed the puppy at about midnight, so he won't wake us up in the middle of the night being hungry.

I am married to a night owl, and this dog breed, I hear is a bit on the nocturnal side also. They will be perfect together! I, on the other hand, am a morning person. I usually start to fall asleep at about 9 or 10 pm.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What an adorable puppy! My DH just got me one, so both of us are in for 2 years of big dog puppyhood!

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am in the same boat with you and just made deal for a pyrenees baby girl Snowball is her name.
who just was teething on my tennis shoes the little darling

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 264

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Should'a posted at 1:49 but I seem to be having trouble with the internet. Will I get a series of double or triple posts when it does work? We shall see.

Oh, my! That's one big puppy you have. Glad that it's friendly, he could do some serious damage to tiny you without even trying. Big and beautiful, that's a good way to be. Reminds me of Clifford (except for the red and the much much bigger).