Is It A Age Thing ?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
FlowerBug, my brother moved back in with us after his stint in the Navy and while I was still in high school. Once again, we shared a bedroom. I can remember the clock he used to set his time to rise in the morning and go to work. It was a d..n flap clock!

Oh, it was electric but the numbers were on plastic and some kind of wheel. It turned them one at a time. Click, Click, Click, Click !!!!
digitS'

i've seen one of those and all sorts of other kinds too as i seem to be drawn towards odd constructions... pretty much anything involving wood and marbles, water, stone and strange. for fun sometime youtube search on wooden turing machine...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="RUNuts, post: 315902, member: 6788"
*** I did find it funny that an acquaintance got a free chair from the side of the road. Only cost 2 bedbug treatments. Karma - gotta love it or cry. ***[/QUOTE]

eww!

but one time (at band camp) i rescued an obviously damaged recliner from next to a dumpster. spent a lot of time taking the base apart, re-engineering the bottom (chop chop, screws, glue and repaint and then found out the top part was also damaged enough that i should have just left it. but since i was already into the job for $10 i persisted and just took the arms off. it was a comfy chair, but i felt no loss leaving it behind when i left (cig. smell was so bad in that apartment everything smelled when i moved). the rest of the free furniture i rescued and restored from that place i still have. close to free furniture.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Around here a piece of furniture at the curb would be gone in a hour, now it is days till garbgeman picks up. I believe fear of bedbugs is reason why.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
A few years ago, during an especially rainy period (we have been getting a lot of those in recent years), the sewers backed up on one side of town. We're talking entire neighborhoods, blocks & blocks of flooded basements - with raw sewage. :ep:sick For a month or so, the curbs were filled with waterlogged (and contaminated) furniture. A real windfall for trash pickers... but for many years, but no one in their right mind would buy any used furniture locally, unless they knew the owners personally. That moratorium has yet to expire... and is unlikely to in the future, now that bed bug infestations are becoming more commonplace.

Several of our grandchildren are moving out on their own soon, we are helping them to acquire good (safe) furniture... it keeps my trailer busy!

Latest posts