Is it hot enough for you??? :D

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mossy Rock said:
The 90's are tolerable but those triple digits are another story. Love watching the corn and vegetables take off though.
In Pennsylvania 97 degrees with 50%+ humidity....is hot! We only hit tripple digits a couple days a year and thats plenty. I planted my tomatoes about 7pm last night after I noticed it was shaded at that time.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
Mossy Rock said:
The 90's are tolerable but those triple digits are another story. Love watching the corn and vegetables take off though.
In Pennsylvania 97 degrees with 50%+ humidity....is hot! We only hit tripple digits a couple days a year and thats plenty. I planted my tomatoes about 7pm last night after I noticed it was shaded at that time.
We have a dry heat here, I spent time in Asia where there was high humidity and it is very miserable.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Its been in the 90's here since the end of last week. The forecast says it will go down to 85 by wednesday. I can't wait for a break in the weather. We have been out working in the yard all week in this heat. We have to get things done around my husband's work schedule.Its been pretty brutal though. I had to put electorlytes in the chicken's water because they were panting. Ever seen a chicken pant? Its not a pretty sight:p.
Even my little puppies are having a hard time with the heat.I keep them in my room with the a/c on but whenever they wander out to eat or whatever they get so hot they flop on the floor, its like picking up a bean bag.Especially one, I have been calling him Beans and now the kids think thats going to be his name and they are all calling him Beans. :)
The heavy yard work is almost done, except for tonight, a friend is coming by with his truck to take away all of the debris from ripping up the patio, big rocks, bricks and all the lousy dirt that we replaced with the loam. They have to shovel it all in, he thinks it will take 2 truck loads but I am hoping we can get it done in one :fl
I want this stuff out of here but I don't want them to be doing this in the heat.He decided it was too hot yesterday to do it but today is even worse.
Its so hot everywhere right now. I heard next week's forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms everyday here.
The gardens will need it by then.I bet everyone's are looking really good though with all this sun.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
100.jpg

This is ridiculous. I can't wait for a boomer to blow this stuff outta here. I hate the heat!!!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay!!!! Its raining!!!! :weee I'll be walking in the redwood forest when next I hit the garden. Just enough heat and humidity...then the blessed rain! I hope it sets in for today and tomorrow. After this rain, the temps are supposed to go back to the low 80s and the humidity will be gone. Just in time for the family that is coming for a visit.

(Singing) I'm walkin' on sunshine, whoa-ooo! Oops, switch that to....Rain drops keep fallin' on my head! Hope you all are getting some relief from the heat also. I knew, that if I washed my van, it would bring the rain! :lol:

Rain on a tin roof....think I'll take a nap in front of the fan.....:)

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Send some heat this way. Day time highs have been in the low 50's for the past two weeks and like 8 inches of rain have fallen in that same time. Tomatoes and corn all are yellow and haven't grown a new leaf since the cold spell hit! Not counting on corn or tomatoes this year. Please, pretty please send me a few degrees? It's running like 10F below normal.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It was so hot today my son's school called to have me pick him up. They said the heat was too much for him and wanted me to dismiss him. That is the first time in the 20 years that I have been sending children to school that they have ever called me to pick up a child due to heat.
This is nuts.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks for posting a picture of the temp. Anne, I knew it was hotter than 92, I looked online and it said for our area it was 92 when I told my daughter she said no way its hotter than that.All I know is I have had enough of it .

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
silkiechicken said:
Send some heat this way. Day time highs have been in the low 50's for the past two weeks and like 8 inches of rain have fallen in that same time. Tomatoes and corn all are yellow and haven't grown a new leaf since the cold spell hit! Not counting on corn or tomatoes this year. Please, pretty please send me a few degrees? It's running like 10F below normal.
I sympathize, silkie! Before this heat, we had cold and wet like yourself. My corn rotted and had to be replanted, my tomatoes turned yellow spotted and my green peppers turned yellow and didn't grow.

Sending heat and humidity your way in my thoughts!!! :fl

Latest posts