Is it too late to prune my roses? **NewQuestion/New Pics**

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks for the info greensage!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

will do!!! :D

Do you think removing that groundcover below will help the rose bush? I think it is choking it out.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi again Okie,

The groundcover can help with those hot summer days when things get so dry the ground cracks open. Unless this particular ground cover gets tall I would let it continue. What is it? Does it flower?

I guess I need to reread this post. Did you ever say what color or name this rose bush is?

Take care, Ron

30m64he.jpg

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The ground cover was identified on here as sedum. It get's small yellow flowers. It has choked out one of my dyanthus(the one that the chickens didn't eat :( ) and it seems to be taking over. I don't really care for it that much.

I'm not sure what kind of rose I have. It was there when we bought the house, and had no marker left on it. It is white, that's all I know. The one on the opposite side of the bed has a marker, but the name has come off, It looks like an R is the last letter. That one is red. I know that probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference LOL since there are plenty of different kinds of red and white roses around! :lol:

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Again I really appreciate the information! Thank you!!! :D

We have a freeze coming up on Friday and Sat. :( Is there anything special that I should do to the ones that I have trimmed back to keep them from succumbing to the freeze?

Latest posts