Is This a Good Beginner Recipe?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy I find leaving the kitchen for any reason while baking can b a bad idea. Seems I forget and then do not hear the timer. By the time I remember things are often WELL Done. Another problem would be having sister over, we get to gabbing, check cookies and then think oh another minute. Not setting timer. Oh-oh more WELL Done cookies. Any time DH finds a cookie jar filled with black bottom cookies he assumes Sis was over or I was on the phone. LOL

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Salesman told me it was a smart stove, I believed him LOL. I thought timer would just turn it off. didn't think oven would still be hot continuing to cook pie.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cooking rule #1 Be smarter than the stove.

Retained heat will continue to cook for quite a while. Either set the stove to shut off 20 minutes before the food will be done, skip the hot tub until after the food is cooked, or call out for supper.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could try a cobler which is delicious and easier. If you have too many peaches, prepare them sweeten them and freeze the rest for winter.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, my apple tree had fire blight last year. I know it came from a neighbor's tree that had it. I trimmed all the branches with blight and also told my neighbor about the problem. I offered my husband to trim his tree if he couldn't do it himself but he ended up doing it. I was very happy that he was very cooperative. This year neither of our tree has fire blight. But now I have first hand knowledge and am on the lookout for it. I was lucky, caught it early, and took care of it. I'm so sorry that you are having this problem. I would trim everything and give it at least one chance to eradicate it.

Though I love peach pie, I prefer a blueberry/peach crisp that I make. I think crisps are so much easier. I made a big batch of it and put it in small wide canning jars and froze them. Now when I need one I just take them out and bake them. This gives me individual servings instead of trying to finish a whole crisp all at once.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Mary that gives me hope !!! Did you make a crisp for neighbor for trimming tree?
No, it's not the sort of thing he would like. He's a senior and of a different culture and wouldn't like crisps. I rarely see him and he once complained about smelling my chickens. I don't know how he could when he is always inside and my coop is super clean. I just told him my husband was available to help him whenever he couldn't do something.

Mary

Latest posts