Is This a Good Beginner Recipe?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you know if your peaches are "cling" or "freestone"? The cling are said to taste better, but are harder to peel, as the pit doesn't come out easily. You have to slice around it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy This really is starting out to be a major project. My offer still stands........ :)

It's not hard, I just like fresh peaches.... :frow

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is going to be my first try at making a pie. it is also special because I will be making it with peaches that i grew. In the past I have poisoned friends, I am still not sure what the berries I made my friend eat are.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Out of consideration for your feelings, I'm asking you not to read my first response to your "What a way to die" thread. However, since you brought the poisoning issue up yourself. . .

"THEY" say the pleasure one gets out of eating certain poison mushrooms far exceeds the displeasure of dying soon afterwards. I wouldn't know. I play it safe and don't eat mushrooms from strangers or edibles from you.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh the thrill of course. What could be a bigger adrenalin rush than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane or eating something that could kill you if not prepared just right?

I don't blanche or parboil peaches to peel them. If they are ripe and you use a sharp knife they are really easy to peel. Clingstone or freestone does make a difference but you can manage and blanching doesn't affect that anyway. Chickens might eat the peelings too.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, when you are peeling the peaches you will notice a line along one side. It might be raised or it might be a depression. After the peach is peeled you might even notice a reddish line. When you split the peach to remove the pit cut along that line. It lines up with the edge of the peach pit. Especially if they are cling free peaches that makes it easier to remove the pit.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is going to be my first try at making a pie. it is also special because I will be making it with peaches that i grew. In the past I have poisoned friends, I am still not sure what the berries I made my friend eat are.
you have 911and cdc handy? you do have a track record of poisoning friends, just saying...:hide

Latest posts