Is This a Good Beginner Recipe?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot my camera this weekend. Was very disappointed. Think I am going to have big problems with fire blight on a lot of different trees, almost ready to rip them all out. Sat night 1 of the 2 peach trees that where covered in peaches was strip bare. 7 foot deer fence around raised bed, sure it was squirrel. The other tree I picked 18 perfect peaches, another 3 I threw away. 2 trees are planted about 7 feet apart why one was stripped and not the other, I have no idea. The wildlife I can handle, what I can't handle is I noticed both peach trees have many black branch tips. I noticed the same on about 7 other trees. I might hire someone to come in and just see whats going on. My crab apples always had ceder apple rust, figured even though I planted disease resistance varieties I would have it on apple trees, fire blight a whole other story. 2 friends came over to make peach pie all seemed to go well till end. I learned you can't just set oven timer and forget it. We put pie in oven set timer opened bottle of wine and relaxed in hot tub. I think by 3rd bottle someone checked pie. Crust was badly burned, but all was not lost, i always have ice cream on hand, pie filling did make great ice cream topper !!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hummmmm, I have never set a timer and stepped into a hot tub to cook. I am pushing it to set the timer and step into the computer room with a clock while food is cooking. Wine? If I tried that, the whine I'd hear would be that of the fire engine pulling into my drive.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up on your trees just yet. I'd definitely consult with an arborist and hire someone to do the necessary pruning and treatments. I am learning over the years that most trees will not be fine by themselves for very long and will need preventative measures. Getting the spraying done is the one thing I struggle with the most in the garden.

Do you have enough peaches left for another pie, or has the fun of it worn off already? At least you caught it in time to salvage the filling.

Latest posts