It CAAAAME!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ooooh.. How do I tell how long it has been composted? I threw away the bags. :( Thanks for telling me before I had to contemplate nair for carrots!

I've eaten many hairy carrots before figuring out what was wrong with them. I was close to thinking that the carrots that I was planting were the baby carrot type and that the stores just shaved them before selling. :p

If your compost is kind of fine-textured, moist, and no lumpies it should be fine. It should be close to rich soil in texture and all of that.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
If I were to be a vegetable, I'd have to be something perennial like rhubarb. Oh wait, rhubarb is a leaf crop, never mind!
Rhubarb is not a leaf crop. Its leaves are poisonous, but big enough for making bird baths. Rhubarb stems are one of the earliest crops, delicious in sauces, pies, breads, jams, and, (of course) in Rhu-b-que sauce.

Rhubarb roots live forever and shared between friends and relatives. Like a family tree, you can often trace rhubarb in the back yard to distant relatives. (I have some of GGMinta's). You might want to reconsider, SeedO, but iff'n you don't want to be rhubarb, I wouldn't mind it for myself.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd probably be that weed you keep yanking out but somehow keeps reappearing lol

The compost in the bag was really black and powdery. It was quite pretty. :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rhubarb is not a leaf crop. Its leaves are poisonous, but big enough for making bird baths. Rhubarb stems are one of the earliest crops, delicious in sauces, pies, breads, jams, and, (of course) in Rhu-b-que sauce.

Rhubarb roots live forever and shared between friends and relatives. Like a family tree, you can often trace rhubarb in the back yard to distant relatives. (I have some of GGMinta's). You might want to reconsider, SeedO, but iff'n you don't want to be rhubarb, I wouldn't mind it for myself.
Two weeks ago I divided a couple red stemmed rhubarb plants and now I have 51 leafing out in 1 gal. containers to spread the wealth.;)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob where do you live? You looking to unload some of those rhubarbs?
Jared, I live in SW Washington just N of Vancouver/ Portland, Ore.. These red stemmed rhubarb are "Rhubarb ' Victoria' ". This variety makes for great eats as well as wine. :droolYea, I will disperse them. At this early growth stage the stems are quite fragile , then add in the 1 gal. plastic pots with moist soil, and the shipping isn't the best. You would have to come and get them. :D

Latest posts