It is so Dark!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This d**n daylight savings time!

A very foggy morning here - which has been common lately - nearly 7am, dark as a dungeon! I mean, we aren't even to mid-autumn!

I can only now imagine the difficulties school children and people who go to work early are experiencing. Living on a schedule has a good deal less meaning for me these days. Still, tampering with time-keeping offends me. Look up, see that sun? Whenever it shows up! Use that and start at high noon!

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with ya Steve!! I work 6:30-3:00... but rarely actually get to leave before 4:30. So it's not only still dark but NIGHT when I leave for work, and on a good day I'll have 2 hours of day light when I get home.
I was begging my boss a couple of weeks ago to remove the tinting from the windows.. I NEED sunlight!!!! :coolsun
... it's gonna be a long winter.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am up at 5:50 and leave for work between 6:30 and 6:45. Getting harder to do as it is DARK out, yet. Then before long it will be dark when I get home about 4:30. I do not like short winter days. :tongue

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hear ya. Nothing like standing out in the dark waiting on the bus for my daughter holding the baby. Otherwise I don't mind so much unless I'm trying to get outside chores done then I feel like I'm playing beat the clock. But then I work 24 hr shifts so I'm used to watching the sun rise, fall, & rise again on my shift.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 7pm here, Kate.

I've had my shower but put on a pair of sweats . . . ha! Never can be sure when young people might stop by. Olde people don't get out much after dark but I guess there's still some kind of nightlife.

You know, I've never understood why we have the news programs in the evening. Shouldn't Barney, Martha and Arthur be on late and all the lousy news come on, predawn?

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peep and the Big Wide World would be a good one to settle down in the evening with too ;) :lol:

Seriously though, when I've had one of THOSE days and my brain just won't behave and go to bed, I turn on the 'baby channel'. It's all 'developmental programs designed to stimulate babys minds' but what I see is swirly colors, simple toys, baby animals, etc all set to elevator music. Fifteen mins of that and I'm out like a light.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
There has been one good part to the early morning darkness... for the last few mornings, we have had the most beautiful, pinkish sunrises. A lovely sight to start the day!

Latest posts