It is so Dark!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', it has been a long while since I've had a newspaper subscription.

I'd read the editorials and skim the front page early in the morning.

At night, I'd take the funny papers to bed with me :).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let's see if I can get this to work with all this fog (& smoke) . . .

. . . grump . . . grump . . .

edited to remove air quality image because i don't know how to update it from 10/23 by looking at its code . . . 6mph breeze, it has been foggy all night, freezing now. yeah, blowing, freezing fog.

Steve
koff!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awakened at 3:45am from a dream where I had a job tearing silhouettes from black cardboard for a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert . . .

Lost an hour in the LazyBoy so I must have fallen asleep after watching "Signing Time." Yes, there is a deaf children's signing show on the local PBS station at 4:30am . . . I see by the online schedule that it is also on at 6:30pm. I may be able to watch it online.

Yeah. I need it. Watching a video isn't my preferred way of to learn anything. Here I am watching the captioning while trying to see the finger movements. I learned the ones for "grumpy" and "surprise" already this morning! Did I say that this show is for babies??!

There is a reason why we are who we are, when we are, where we are - on a line between the Selkirks and Venus at sundown. There is some magic to all of that.

Steve

so how might i sign "hello" . . :

jtPTMa8_zps3ee15739.gif

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny dream Steve! Isn't it strange how our subconscious works? I woke this morning from a dream where dh and I were hiking in ice skates to a pond that hadn't frozen yet. Do you know how hard it is to hike in ice skates?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW! I watch Signing Time every Sunday while getting ready for church. I usually pick up a word or two. Very cute show (but then again, I just love kid's programing)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's so dark!

We lost nearly one hour of sunlight both morning & evening thru the month of October :(. That's here, where I've been up since 4:15am and the sun won't rise, above a theoretically level horizon, for about another 20min . . .

Oh, well - too foggy to see, anyway.

25a5bpf.jpg

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do I HAVE TO set my alarm for 2 am on Sunday morning to turn the clock back one hour or can I do it before I go nighty night on Saturday evening or after I wake up after the rooster crows on Sunday morning ? :caf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, I've got an electric alarm clock beside the bed that is becoming an antique, I guess.

It has a calendar - digital display. The maker must have thought that was good enuf. Nope! Congress changed the law . . .

It changes automatically one hour too late in the spring and one hour too early in the fall! I am always caught unprepared when that happens.

Steve

Latest posts