It kind of looks like a strawberry.... ???

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have something growing in one of my pots. I don't think I planted it. Like the title says, it kind of looks like a strawberry. Well the leaves do, but they are thinner. Clusters of 3. Jagged edges. The stems are fuzzy. I saw a flower on it a few days ago and it was yellow, but now it is gone.

It does kind of look like some pictures I have seen of cinquefoils, but don't those leaves grow in clusters of 5?

I will post a photo once I find my cell phone. Any clues?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Maybe?
17333.jpg

http://factoidz.com/wild-indian-strawberry-or-mock-strawberry-plant/

kcsunshine

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Those things run rampant through my flower beds. We call them wild strawberries and always heard they were poisonous. Guess not!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, they're wild. We always called them snake berries, but I don't know if that's their real name or just something my mom made up to keep us kids from eating them! :p The birds probably deposited it there...

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't eaten one since I was a kid but as I reacall they are sort of mealy and tasteless. Kind of disapointing when they look so appetizing.

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
yeah...like you wifezilla, I'm thinking it's a type of cinquefoil. We have weeds similar to that around here...don't really know a whole lot about them or the different species though...:hu

I don't think it's the Indian (or Mock) strawberry...those grow down south and they're low-growing....

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
Those things run rampant through my flower beds. We call them wild strawberries and always heard they were poisonous. Guess not!
I always heard that too. I've put them in my mouth and they are tasteless.

Latest posts