It may be a good GRAPE year!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The sheer weight of that vine blows my mind!!!

14084_grapes_2011_1.jpg

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! :ep we planted grapes last spring, and saw they had some grapes already this year.. so maybe it will be a good year!!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are TONS of tiny grapelets on the couple of muscadine vines that I didn't demolish when we put in the garden fence. Mostly the birds get them, but the vines are pretty. -Wendy

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
WOW that looks fantastic! Our (barely clinging to life vine) is just starting to open its buds. Yes it's still alive, but can I protect the three small bunches of grapes from the birds.

Good for you!:thumbsup

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We just planted ours this year... but I'm looking forward to getting some really nice grapes in the years to come! :D

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I hope so!!! I have baby grape clusters everywhere!!! :weee :tools

2 years ago I got 50 lbs off of one plant :D I am hoping to top that since one of our apple trees took the year off. Not even one blossom!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vfem, was this the grape you got from a neighbor last year and got it to re-root in your yard? or is this one that you were able to keep alive?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
8098_010.jpg
[/img]

VFM If these all turn into grapes it will be a VERY good year. This is the vines second year and only the 1st fruits we have seen on it! Amazing. :clap I LOVE the dragonfly birdhouse. I LOVE anything with dragonflies!!!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh good... I'm glad I'm not the only one who planted their grapes on a fence instead of post and wire system! :p

We just really don't have the room for the post and wires without them being in the back yard... and with 2 Greyhounds that don't watch where they're going when they run... we thought it might be a bit too dangerous for them, so we planted on our chain link fence! Hopefully we never have to replace it! LOL

Latest posts