It's Not Too Late To Start or Restart Planting Veggies

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I do like sheds! :lol:

Theres something about a shed, even the smell that I enjoy.
I think it stems from my time as a kid hanging out with Gramps while he sharpened tools, or fiddled with the roto-tiller, etc. Always had lots of neat things, tools, etc., to look at, and wonder about there purpose in life..

One shed that you see with the vent on the roof is actually a cold storage house. I keep my fruit and storage veggies packed in there in the fall.

I'm afraid my lawn is sacrficed in the intrest of saving water for the veggies...

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
bills said:
As a matter of fact I do like sheds! :lol:

Theres something about a shed, even the smell that I enjoy.
I think it stems from my time as a kid hanging out with Gramps while he sharpened tools, or fiddled with the roto-tiller, etc. Always had lots of neat things, tools, etc., to look at, and wonder about there purpose in life..

One shed that you see with the vent on the roof is actually a cold storage house. I keep my fruit and storage veggies packed in there in the fall.

I'm afraid my lawn is sacrficed in the intrest of saving water for the veggies...
First things first. You have to get your priorities straight. You can't eat a lawn.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Steve, that was quite a winter! My scare crow is still on worker's compensation suffering with back problems..:lol:

After that particularly bad winter, the weeds in the garden were only about half of what they were this year. I've not decided yet whether I prefer shoveling snow or pulling weeds.. Neither job seems great while your actually doing it..:p

Hoodat, I was telling my Wife that same thing about her flower gardens, "you can't eat them, so why waste water on them?"

She simply plucked a nasturtium flower and proceeds to eat it..

Drat! Foiled again..:rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ever tried putting a nasturtium leaf into a sandwich in place of a lettuce leaf? They have quite a mustardy bite.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next year your wife may decide that the nasturtium's kissin' cousin watercress should be in the garden.

Those plants will need fresh flowing water, of course.

Ah yes, a sandwich from fresh baked bread, sweet dairy butter and watercress :p!

S'

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My cabbage and brocolli won't go in for another couple of weeks... but my pumpkins and squash are all over the place!!!! :D

krzybo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
bills, what a beautiful garden. Makes me want to move up there until I saw the "winter garden." Happy gardening!!!