It's official

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Like @seedcorn said, second child, experience makes a big difference sometimes.

Uncaring parent , :oops: ....I probably should not tell of my daughter's event. She was 6 and wiped out on her bike. Full flat out slide into the pavement. She got up, walked her bike up the driveway and smashed it into the garage door, yelling, stupid bike! She was missing a lot of skin from her arm and both knees had blood running. omg, what have I done.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am OLD too! As a child Dad always joked about our Boo-boos. I did the same with mine. Then when the school would call me to come get #2 son who hit his head on monkey bars and must surely go for stitches, I would bring home and put a butterfly band aid on! A friend of #1 son was cleaning fish here and laid his palm open (that did require stitches) and was impressed I calmly cleaned and wrapped it for trip to ER. (Guess his mother would have passed out! ) LOL = I think Dad was always bleeding as are my DH and Boys. I better be able to handle it or spend lots of time face down on the floor! ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am OLD too! As a child Dad always joked about our Boo-boos. I did the same with mine. Then when the school would call me to come get #2 son who hit his head on monkey bars and must surely go for stitches, I would bring home and put a butterfly band aid on! A friend of #1 son was cleaning fish here and laid his palm open (that did require stitches) and was impressed I calmly cleaned and wrapped it for trip to ER. (Guess his mother would have passed out! ) LOL = I think Dad was always bleeding as are my DH and Boys. I better be able to handle it or spend lots of time face down on the floor! ;)
In HS, coach called, said come get your son as he fell in locker room-same son coach had to send someone to get him as he fell asleep on toilet. So I'm thinking, what now? When I got him, his head was so swollen, didn't recognize him. ER, away we went. All the time, I'm worried about brain injuries (I'm thinking he is a like me and can't afford to lose any brain cells). Lucky, all he lost (that we are aware of) was a few hours of sleep as we kept him awake.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am old too. No. I'm ancient. I was in Costco the other day and some young dad had his untethered young son, maybe 3ish, on the loose. The kid was running around picking up and poking at food. The father was clearly not able to control his kids impulses. We met again in the milk room and the kid jumped up on the milk pallet and started walking all over the tops of the milk.

Then I was the one unable to control my impulses as the dad said ineffectively "get down off that" and the kid ignored him. I stopped in my tracks and said "Really? You're not going to control your child?" The answer to that was unspoken but was a resounding NOPE. as they continued on through the store. I had to change my route because I was afraid of what trouble my big mouth would get me into with that useless father.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have only one kid but I always wait at least 3 seconds after a crash with a dead pan expression. Most of the time he looks over at me, decides he is fine, and scampers off. The rest of the time he offers a banshee wail which usually means he's genuinely hurt. (Missing tooth, black eye, bleeding enough to leave footprints, the only instances I can recall him crying over.)

If you rush over to him the first second, he screams regardless, and I can't stand it. -.-

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love kids, boiled is best!!!!
When dining out, which is every day, I don't bother with asking for the non smoking section, just give me the no kids section....Please.

THANX RICH

Latest posts