It's Spring!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
It was spring just yesterday and Now This!

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 199

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't even have as much as a spinach seed in the ground. I'm sure that if I did - that seed would be doing nothing in the way of growing.

Officially, we have only had 2 days above 60°f this year! As usual, the local area is running neck and neck with communities in North Dakota for growing degree days
icon_wink.gif

The Weather Service says that today, should be day #3 in the 60's! I will be busy with family but expect to finally be sowing seed for the cool season crops this week!

:) Steve

Susannah

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Northern Rivers, New South Wales, Australia
Here, late tonight it is 28C, (83F) and we are experiencing our second large, loud thunderstorm, with lots of wild and windy rain - in the last couple of hours...it is great that were have lots of hot and humid temperatures for the plants to be growing like mad, but two of our dogs and I, really do not enjoy the storms...wimpy, I know :( Hope there isn't any hail - my partner's dad had golf ball size hail last week, where he lives up in the mountains. :eek:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi @Susannah ! I'm enjoying your posts and glad that you are here to bring some southern hemisphere warmth.

Your location suggests comparison to southern California. If you were further south, maybe in Tasmania, I would be seriously envious of what I imagine to be your growing season weather. I imagine Tasmania to be a little like the US state of Oregon. That's where I grew up, and not far from where I find myself these days.

It would be a joy for me to race out of here in the Autumn and arrive in the southern hemisphere for your springtime :). I have been reading about the Central Otago district of New Zealand's South Island. Wikipedia says that it's motto is "A World of Difference." I just bet that it would feel real comfortable to me ;).

Airplane travel is quite seriously uncomfortable but several weeks cruising over Pacific waters should be tolerable ... :)

Steve

Latest posts