Jalapenos with no bite

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
If I want heat in a pepper... I always buy an asian variety anyways. I have Thai this year.

Sounds more like a novelty product for a gardener, more then a well used item. :( Sorry for the mix up!
Thai is a great little pepper. It will dry right on the plant. I'm still using some flakes I made almost ten years ago and they are still hot as a firecracker. They grind up into great chili powder also. I have two plants in my garden right now. Two is all I need. A little goes a long way with Thais.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
vfem said:
If I want heat in a pepper... I always buy an asian variety anyways. I have Thai this year.

Sounds more like a novelty product for a gardener, more then a well used item. :( Sorry for the mix up!
Thai is a great little pepper. It will dry right on the plant. I'm still using some flakes I made almost ten years ago and they are still hot as a firecracker. They grind up into great chili powder also. I have two plants in my garden right now. Two is all I need. A little goes a long way with Thais.
Ut oh, I definitely over did it then! LOL

I have 4 plants in pots and one on the side of the house. But I do like the powder around. I have a coffee grinder I can use to make my own powder then. :)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I grew jalapeos last year and the early ones had no bite but the later season ones definitely had heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So maybe they need to stay on the plant a bit longer to get some heat.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
hoodat said:
vfem said:

Ut oh, I definitely over did it then! LOL

I have 4 plants in pots and one on the side of the house. But I do like the powder around. I have a coffee grinder I can use to make my own powder then. :)
The nice thing is it's a very attractive plant. Many people that do not use hot peppers still grow them in their flower garden for looks.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Which reminds me... I need to get some pictures... they are some crazy cool looking plants! :D

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As a pepper lover myself I was picking them early. The first 10 or so had no heat, now they are mildly hot. I left one to mature and it has the customary hotness. Sometimes you just have to be patient and let them mature. I know I can't.

Melissa

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hangin'witthepeeps said:
As a pepper lover myself I was picking them early. The first 10 or so had no heat, now they are mildly hot. I left one to mature and it has the customary hotness. Sometimes you just have to be patient and let them mature. I know I can't.

Melissa
Could be that's my trouble. The ones I sampled were about like the first joint of my index finger. I'll wait and see. I amy have some for pickling yet.

Holachicka

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If they still gain no heat, try them sliced lengthwise, stuffed with pepper jack cheese and throw em on the grill, Yumm!! (we do this with regular jalepenos, with monterey jack cheese.)

Latest posts