Jerusalem Artichokes Question need help

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
RidgebackRanch said:
THe potted plants did not go over well at the farmers market. I think because it is just not something you would see for sale at most garden centers that people are not familiar with them.
That being said there are about 50 more pots that are long for this world, and headed for the chicken run.

Still going to try it agian next year though, it was a fun project and a good learning experience. Glad I tried!:)
Maybe next time you could have a largeish picture of the mature plants in bloom to show what they look like. People who may not be interested in the culinary aspect may buy them for their ornamental value. :)

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
That sound like a good idea. The pictures from last year did not show well. This year I will try to get better pictures that show what they can do for a garden. Thanks for the input!:)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
To me the best way to eat them is cooked and mashed with butter and salt and pepper.... UUUMMMM :)
but those pickles look interesting too!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe, going to try that this year. I've been wanting to pickle things other than just pickles. :)

Latest posts