Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oblique cut and glazed carrots, yummy!
1669037215357.png

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How do you glaze your carrots? I use butter and brown sugar. Looks like you have seasoned with an herb?
yes, butter, water, brown sugar, and before finishing, I added a little bit of apple vinegar
For the herb, I forgot I still have some fresh parsley in the garden, so I used some dried thyme.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Asparagus is one of the invasive veggies that escaped from gardens in this part of the world.

Where it shows up along the river it's easy to find when water levels drop after the Spring snowmelt runoff. Other plants haven't grown up and hidden it from view. When we had a garden right above the river, it was easy to take about a half mile round trip walk and find plenty. Then, the information about heavy metals contamination from mining operations upstream finally made it clear that wild harvesting of plants from ground that was under water for several months each year is NOT safe. Darn.

It grows elsewhere but by the time I notice the asparagus, the fronds are what attracts my attention. At first, I thought, "okay, they are right beside that 5th fence post from the southeast corner. I just have to remember that 10 months from now and get some!" Sure ... 10 months later I'd be lucky to remember which field I had noticed it in let alone, which fence post ...

Steve

Latest posts