Joy in the Little Things

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've made some coffee and black tea and loaded them in the fridge.
P_20230326_114824.jpg

When anyone wants a cold drink, it can be quickly done.

P_20230326_120750.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Funny, I overdid it with sun tea and got tired of it. Right now, my 2 surviving sun tea containers are storing flour.
WE make/drink gallons of iced tea, just brew it instead. I may have to buy a new tea maker bc it takes forever to drain the basket now.
I can be a little bit sloppy in the winter, but in the summer it has to be refridgerated immediately, or it goes off.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sun tea tastes rotten to me. I pour boiling water over a gallon sized tea bag and let it steep-inside. It gets finished and in the refrigerator rather quickly.
Bay, next time you can try to use normal drinking water instead of boiling water, 1g tea leaves per 100ml water, and let it sit in the fridge for 8 hours (or simply overnight).

The bitterness and astringency of tea are due to "tannins" and "caffeine." When steeping with boiled water, tannins and caffeine dissolve and release bitterness and astringency. However, when they are slowly cold-brewed at low temperatures, they are difficult to dissolve, allowing theanine and amino acids to stand out. Therefore, cold-brewing tea can reduce bitterness and astringency and allow you to enjoy the original rich flavor of the tea.
From our experience, cold-brewed green tea and black tea taste milder and more refreshing - very suitable for summer. :D

Latest posts