just a update...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
First frost date or last frost date?

In Marys neighborhood that is the only frost date.
tee hee smiley.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11, I think my first frost date is sometime in April. So when do I plant a fall garden? What if I use starts of broccoli and cauliflower?

Mary

If you can give me your first frost of the fall date, I'll check that for you. The killing frost that ends your garden.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We don't have one in the fall. Our first frost is in April. We only get about 3 days of that.

Mary

That is hard for me to wrap my head around, not living in fear of the first frost! :p

I don't know if this chart would apply to you then, but you can still see the days to expected harvest, how long that would take. Day length would probably be more of a limiting factor for you. Broccoli, radishes, spinach, etc. taste better and do better in the cool of the year. You could probably go by nearly the same time line as the one for AMKuska, or a little later. Hers is just a week later than mine. Broccoli and cauliflower are best grown from transplants, not direct seeded, so look at the "FP" (first planting) date.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
6/17/17
as of today we have received for the month 6.4" of rain mainly in the last week 34.6" for the year. tuesday afternoon we got 2.51" in 45 minutes and we were on just on the outside of the storm friends 6 miles north got over 5". saw lots of p/u trucks loaded down with gravel, lots for driveways got washed out...

bad news my cultivator is dead, no spark and oil coming out of the carburetor time to make a call and see if i can get one wholesale.... thank goodness theres no garden this year... ok till fall

Latest posts