Just bought our Envirocycle composter! **Pics added**

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had decided to get a tumbling composter (our stack model is effective, but exhausting!). I decided on the Envirocyle (thanks in part to some of the input here-thanks!:thumbsup).

I was thrilled to find a local gardener selling them (more expensive than on line, but after shipping and handling it worked out to about $10 more--gladly paid to support my local business and cut down on the downfalls of shipping across country). I had a few questions, and he had great answers:

--Fill to 3/4 full, rotate once every few days. Here in NM, compost will be ready in 4-6 weeks with a 50:50 balance of brown to green with chicken poo thrown in.

--He suggests mounting up on cider blocks for ease in collecting tea (another great feature of this composter).

--I had heard about flimsy latches-he has not encountered this, but said that he had only one brought back (did not mention the reason) and the company replaced it, no questions asked.I have heard nothing but positive feedback about this company They also use recycled materials, which is an added bonus!

Can't wait to get it going! We are thinking of probably getting two, so that we will have one cooking at all times. I should have compost ready for my garden when I plant in a month or two.I'll post photos after I get going.

Yippeee!:weee

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

CONGRATULATIONS !!

I really want one of those -- I am very envious of you..... I must start saving up as they are very pricey here......!! :barnie

:rose Hattie :rose

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Very cool :D I've never seen that type of composter before...love it :thumbsup Make sure to post pics when you get it!

meriruka1

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I hope you like it as much as I like the two I have.
Did you get the green one or the black one?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... what a deal! My compost is very small, about what is the weight capacity on this one you have? Just for future reference! :clap

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I so want one of those! I have the regular bin type and I find it kind of hard to turn. Let us know how you like it. Maybe I can put it on my Mother's Day wish!;) Now, I just need to find a place for another compost bin. ;) My yard is so small this is really hard.:/

mary

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are some pics, as promised. I haven't figured out how to rotate the pics-sorry for the having to head tilt...:(

This is the total unit;

6256_dsc02838.jpg

And this is the base. You turn it by hand-see the litte wheels it rotates on? The tea collects in this base ( it drains out of the round part when the compost decomposes). You can see the little cap where you can pour it out.

6256_dsc02839.jpg

I added some stuff today, and steam came out. Good sign!:thumbsup

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh that is so neat with the tea collection area!!! Your plants are going to LOVE you this year. :D :D :D

Latest posts