Just checking in to post my garden photo.

Firefyter-Emt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, this is my first "real" garden here in Connecticut. I grew up with large gardens, very large gardens indeed! However, this is the first good one we have had of our own. I finished the restoration on my Dad's old Troy-Bilt roto-tiller (see photos in the "garden tools" forum here) and I was able to do a real tilling job this year. Last year we rented one from Home Depot and it was a ugly failure.

We have, starting from the close rows out, Peas, cucumbers, tomatos, brocilli, two rows of watermellon, 3 rows of lettuce, carrots (I hope) more tomatos, cellery, and two rows of potatos. My taters just started popping up in the last couple days!

Today I have to make a string trellis for the peas and soon cages for the tomatos. All in all, it so going well, my fence as small as it is, has held back intruders so far. Next year I plan to add some wood poles in the corners and along the middle of the long sides and add better fencing and a gate.

(Pay no mind to the grass, once it was all raked up, I tilled a hair off. I will fix that and remove the grass by hand soon) ;)
The garden is 40' x 20'... Wish me luck!
6308.jpg

Firefyter-Emt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks all, I will have to add a photo later once I finish the bean trellis I started tonight. about 16' long and 4' high and I am doing two of them. The "fence" is 6"x6" twine strung between fencing posts. All of the up and down rows are hand tied at each string and if I remember, there were seven or eight rows!

That will sure make your hands sore as well as put your legs to sleep after a bit! I have one done, and the other one just needs all the up and down rows tied in. :|

Latest posts