Kansas? Anyone here?

deeszoo

Sprout
Reaction score
I see lots from Missouri, but didn't see any topic starters from fellow Kansans. Where are you?

LOL!!

dee

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry, I am not from there, but I wanted to say :welcome anyways!!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
deeszoo said:
I see lots from Missouri, but didn't see any topic starters from fellow Kansans. Where are you?

LOL!!

dee
Dorothy? Is that you? Auntie Em has been looking all over. Welcome to our garden. :frow

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just follow the yellow brick road and you'll find us! :D

Welcome to TEG!

Sorry, I'm from California. Never been to Kansas. :idunno

Mary

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am in Kansas - and yes I have heard every possible wizard of oz - dorothy - toto joke there is!

am relatively new to gardening - but so far this summer i am seeing tons of squash... zukes ,... a few cukes -lots of green tomatoes

and 6 baby watermelons i am watching grow - its torture!

bynaturefarms

Sprout
Reaction score
Naughty said:
I am in Kansas - and yes I have heard every possible wizard of oz - dorothy - toto joke there is!

am relatively new to gardening - but so far this summer i am seeing tons of squash... zukes ,... a few cukes -lots of green tomatoes

and 6 baby watermelons i am watching grow - its torture!
Are you the same Naughty from BYC?

I guess I should make my first post to here a little formal. We grow our garden in homemade Earthboxes. I live up in Oskaloosa, but in a month we will be moving back to Topeka. It should be easy to move my garden. We knew we were going to move so we did not plant a lot. Last year we had 25 totes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ByNatureFarms?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/n9NH6WVoQkA

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes - I am the one and only Naughty lol

My poor green beans were so beautiful - but I think the grasshoppers got most of them...

So need a Kansas opinion - or zone 6 I guess - is it too late to try to plant another batch?

okay - the only place i can find "semaspore bait" which is supposed to get rid of thelil buggers - is 25 bucks for 1 pound...

i really dont think i need that much - plus hate to pay that price - anyone in the wichita area know a smaller or cheaper option? or want to go half and split it? lol

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, I would try planting again for sure in zone 6, try covering them with netting to try keeping grasshoppers off. Good luck to you.

P.S glad you joined us!

bynaturefarms

Sprout
Reaction score
Naughty said:
Yes - I am the one and only Naughty lol

My poor green beans were so beautiful - but I think the grasshoppers got most of them...

So need a Kansas opinion - or zone 6 I guess - is it too late to try to plant another batch?

okay - the only place i can find "semaspore bait" which is supposed to get rid of thelil buggers - is 25 bucks for 1 pound...

i really dont think i need that much - plus hate to pay that price - anyone in the wichita area know a smaller or cheaper option? or want to go half and split it? lol
This is about the time I stated my garden last year. Some from plants, some from seeds, My beans were from seeds. I only have one harvest and after frozen we had 3#.

Here is my beans, this was taken 9-2-2010

8084_dsc00730.jpg

Latest posts