Keeping my fingers crossed

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yesterday I planted 4 rhubarb plants to replace the 2 the rabbits(I think) ate over the winter. When I dug up the hole to replant in I found a root ball & bulb for the rhubarb so I am hoping I get them back as I replanted them. If they all stay then I have 6 rhubarb plants!!!! :th I also planted my strawberry bed in an old big tractor tire. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything takes off & grows well.
Today I am getting my peach, lemon & ruby red grapefruit trees bought at the nearby nursery, dh will pick them up on Sat. to plant.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rhubarb naturally dies back for about half the year up north here - I would think it'd do the same for you? It is awfully hard to actually kill rhubarb dead. I bet yours will come back fine, although you might want to wait a year or two before harvesting anything from them :)

Good luck,

Pat

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think it will come back... my grandmothers always died off, but came back!

*finger crossed*
:fl

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I know they die back, but these were eatten on by the rabbits & I thought they had got them completely. Our winters don't get too cold here a few freezes & then we are okay. We are 80's now & will stay up there & into the 70's for the most part now.

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Well I wouldn't mind a little bit of snow or colder weather to have at least 3 seasons then. I really miss spring & true fall.

Latest posts