Kentucky Coffee Tree

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
About a decade ago there was a cafe here that served terrible food, but it was the only one in town. One morning I was desperate and went there for breakfast. I took a big swig of coffee and nearly spit it out--it was awful and didn't taste like coffee at all! I complained and the waitress rolled her eyes, took the coffee away. I thought maybe she was going to bring me a new cup, but fifteen minutes later she returned my same cup, now cold, sloshing it down on the table "The cook says it IS coffee!"

Needless to say I never went there again, nor did many other people because they soon closed. Fast forward to a more recent time, we were out of coffee beans and it's a three hour round trip to a grocery store. I sent my husband to the little gas station picnic store to see if they had Folgers. Instead he came back with something called Hytop coffee. We fired up a pot, and sure enough I recognized it right away. My husband asked me how it tasted and I replied "the cook says it IS coffee!" and we both burst out laughing. Supposedly it wasn't even a coffee substitute!

Anyway, the final laugh was when we hired a company to come pump our septic tank, and the man that showed up was the former cook. It seemed fitting he was still in the "food" industry, just the other end of it!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
About a decade ago there was a cafe here that served terrible food, but it was the only one in town.......
Anyway, the final laugh was when we hired a company to come pump our septic tank, and the man that showed up was the former cook. It seemed fitting he was still in the "food" industry, just the other end of it!

:gig :lol: :yuckyuck :lol: :gig Karma! :gig :lol: :yuckyuck :lol: :gig

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are of a sibling to its parent tree

12_Kentucky_Coffee_Tree_10.jpg

12_Kentucky_Coffee_Tree_13.jpg
That is a beautiful looking tree!

Latest posts