Kids Garden Class 2016

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry I don't eat reptiles or rodents :hide
Not that you know of. Squirrel is a rodent. It is also a very delicious addition to a meal.

I totally understand eating whatever could be found in dire circumstances. I'd be doing the same. Being adventurous in eating is another thing entirely. I have no problem giving new foods a taste. Then I can make my future choices on knowledge, not fear.

I know I don't care much for greasy raccoon, although, some folks seem to work wonders with their stew.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a teenager there was a very popular restaurant called South Seas. My friends and I ate there a lot. One day there was a story in news paper about board of health inspection on the restaurant. They had many violations, one was for raccoon meat in freezer. The owner claimed it was for employees and never fed to public. Who knows.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father in law was well known for his willingness to eat wild game. He was not adverse to a little roadkill if he knew it was fresh. When he would call his son and ask him over for a meal, it was "I just found a fresh raccoon on the road in front of my house. I have it in the pot ready to parboil....want to come over and help me eat it?"
For some reason DH usually had other plans.:hide

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky as would I. I will try anything but no road kill of anything. Or blood products of any kind.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not planning on serving the gopher y'all. Just taking an up close look at it. I'm with NYboy, no rodents or reptiles for me, thanks.

@coco25 , some of the adults in the neighborhood are jealous of the kids in the garden class. They say they want one too.

I just think it's because of the after class popsicles. :p

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
image.jpg image.jpg
Sorry I don't eat reptiles or rodents :hide
What about these? Haha

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Frog legs? Yum, yum, and triple yum! I remember eating these as a child. Uncle Doug shot 'em with his 22 and Aunt Claris fried 'em up for supper. Couldn't get enough.

Not one bit like the African frog legs I ordered at a restaurant once seeking that great taste I remembered. Nope! Those were fishy tasting.