Kids Garden Class 2016

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom you are awesome. Giving gardening class to kids, giving them rides on your tractor, and making memories that will last them all their lives. Maybe you will even make little gardeners grow up to be big gardeners. Someone who gives a part of herself to others like you do is just outstanding. I love what you are doing.

and I think i'll go start a weird food thread on Random Ramblings........

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky as would I. I will try anything but no road kill of anything. Or blood products of any kind.
I ate just about everything mentioned here. We used to eat blood sausage just about every week up to about 20 years ago. :drool Now, we just can't find anywhere to buy some. :th

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ate just about everything mentioned here. We used to eat blood sausage just about every week up to about 20 years ago. :drool Now, we just can't find anywhere to buy some. :th
@bobm Need to move to Midwest. Very common here.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
post: 265144, member: 794"]@bobm Need to move to Midwest. Very common here.[/QUOTE]
Moved to PNW from the Golden State and still no luck in finding any ... need care package ... :D

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry Bob, won't touch stuff. Not even to ship to someone else. Find a polish community, guaranteed there....

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom you are awesome. Giving gardening class to kids, giving them rides on your tractor, and making memories that will last them all their lives. Maybe you will even make little gardeners grow up to be big gardeners. Someone who gives a part of herself to others like you do is just outstanding. I love what you are doing.

and I think i'll go start a weird food thread on Random Ramblings........

Thank you Bay, those are such kind words. :)

Have you planted the mini watermelon seeds yet?

Mary

Yep. Those are in my straw bales. They haven't sprouted yet.

And Hudson Valley Zucchini ?

I put those in a special place when they came. I'm still looking. They are probably right under my nose...but I promise they'll get in soon!

And the ugly cabbage? haha

Mary

There's no such thing as ugly cabbage! But yes, they are in too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The kids class yesterday went well. The gopher was a hit, even the girls wanted to examine him up close. I learned a lot about gophers myself. Did you know they don't hibernate? They tunnel through snow and line those tunnels with dirt, which is what I'm seeing every spring when the snow melts. Little raised ridges of soil.

The kids planted their pumpkin vines. They're mini pumpkins and we'll train them up the fence. They also cleaned the aisles next to their bales and got all the weeds out and raked them smooth. Then they yelled at anybody who left foot prints. Too funny.

I have a few volunteer potatoes that sprouted from last years garden. I noticed in one aisle that a volunteer had been carefully raked around and watered. Sweet kids.

Latest posts