Kissing bugs

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have caught 3 this past week. By the side door. Fully grown and ready to feed. I fed them to my collection of huge golden orb spider ladies. Now, the first 2 kissing bugs.....the spiders....even being larger than the kissing bugs....stayed clear away from their mouth parts. Did most of the wrapping from the top of the kissing bug. Then, spider injected the bug and moved herself far away from it, to allow the spider toxins to work.
Today....pre-storm ....just now...I found #3. I offered it to 3 of the spiders.....3 ran away. So that left the huge spider. I stuck it on her web. She came down and tasted it.....touched it.....didn't wrap it. I will go check back later...to see what she decided to do with it.
I have never seen that many kissing bugs in one spot in one week. They must be moving ahead of the storm.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is not a popular thing to mention, but it has come to this country, carried by undocumented workers.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you think Homeland Security could hire some if they can tell who is documented and who is not?
Probably not. It is a touchy subject. We have hired undocumented workers or day laborers to do work on our place. When we had a furniture store, sometimes we hired day laborers because our American workers would not show up for work. Several times we kept the day laborer as a semi permanent worker. I have nothing against day laborers, they are trying to live a better life and make a better life for their families. It is a tough situation. I can see both sides of it. There are a lot of hard working, good people who only want a chance at a better life, but they are breaking the law. There are criminals who slip through and prey upon others and that has to stop.

Our immigration needs a serious overhaul. Our border has holes in it that a herd of elephants could stroll through. We have laws in place, they need to be enforced and our officers need to be appreciated for the job that they do. ALL officers of the law need to know that they are appreciated for doing the job that the rest of us do not want to do.

I better shut up now.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

After 4 of the spiders rejected my offer of food (kissing bug-live), I finally stuck it to the spider web who I had given the first one to. She had rejected it also, but I got tired of messing with it and why waste perfectly good spider food. This morning, she was finishing up her KB meal. I think the rest have gone and hid ahead of the wind and rain. They were all acting weird yesterday. Today, 3 are unfindable.

Latest posts