Kitchen garden tour. TOUR DAY!! 9-3. Bring it!! I am ready.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wow, what a day!

It was 82* low humidity, not a cloud in the bright blue sky and a light breeze. Perfect.
The first guest was quite the interesting woman. Dressed in a watermelon motif. And she was not happy. "Where is the food? Isn't this a kitchen garden tour?" After her I could handle anyone. Between me, DH, DD #2 and the volunteers we managed to answer everyone's questions, educate and make them laugh. It was a fabulous time.

I will expound tomorrow, I am heading to bed.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So yesterday was the garden tour. An amazing day. We had all kinds of folks stop by. I talked so much my throat hurt. Most of them came to see the animals. They never saw sheep up close, let alone the lambs. All the animals were exhausted by 3:00. I was asked how roosters fertilize eggs. I explained and a woman said, "Oh, I saw your rooster doing just that." I told her I found that odd because I don't have a rooster. Just hens. You should have seen her face. Then one of my volunteers pipes in, "Amie, do you have a lesbian hen?". Yup, great fun. :rolleyes:

I had one lady ask me about my currents. I told her I don't have currents because it is illegal in Maine to have them due to pine blister rust. "But, I just had the sweetest berry, what was it." She points to my viburnum. :lol:

I got to educate a lot of people about veggies they never seen. Explain a little about farm animals, and hopefully encourage some to have gardens themselves.

DH and DD had fun meeting new people. Mostly from out of state. Great conversation. I had a great time.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad you had so much fun! :)
I'm sure all of your hard work paid off in encouraging more people to start a garden themselves,.
Did you take any pictures of the event?

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am always amazed that grown people dont know what veggies look like right out of the garden...Or have never seen farm animals up close...I hope that lady didnt get sick eating the "currant"...I am glad it was a great day...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope the

"thank you for showing us"

were heartfelt and profuse!

Good on You, Damummis!

Steve

Latest posts