Kitchen garden tour. TOUR DAY!! 9-3. Bring it!! I am ready.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Hoo boy, it's always something isn't it? Actually I think everything doesn't look half bad, and with a week or so it should restore itself enough that the damage will not be so objectionable. Remember, everybody else will be in the same boat....we may strive for perfection, but should be content with having done our best.
Your place will be a huge hit, especially with your secret weapons! :D
That would take the cake for me, and it should distract from the girls lack of plumage.
Above all, enjoy yourself!
Besides the Library garden, I was the only one hit. Everyone else on the tour was out of hail range. :/

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It has taken me all morning to address the front garden. Progress is good. There are empty spots that I will have to address but that just means going to the greenhouse. ;)
6693_front_garden_001.jpg

6693_front_garden_003.jpg

6693_front_garden_004.jpg

The squash plants are in rough shape. Too late to replant them. :(
Now some lunch and off to the next garden.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perfect! You are stressing too much. I guarantee everyone will be pleased with your gardens and critters. No sense in making gardening look too easy- don't be afraid to tell them about your battles!

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Lesa, you are right. I am over stressing. I just returned from the library where I found out that 6 of the 8 gardens on the tour were hit. So I stand corrected when I said I was the only one hit. Apparently there was hail in a broader area than first thought. There was also a waterspout that tipped over 11 little sailboats at the island yacht club. Rumor has it that the little kids that were there for sailing lessons were all inside at the time watching their boats being tossed around by this waterspout.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
3 Days to go. I have all the gardens weeded except the back one. I took pics anyway for yous guys. :lol:

Here is my greeting party.
6693_garden_tour_001.jpg

A view from the front yard looking towards the animals.
6693_garden_tour_002.jpg

The 2 newest members of the farm.
6693_garden_tour_003.jpg

The gardens.....
6693_garden_tour_006.jpg

6693_garden_tour_007.jpg

6693_garden_tour_009.jpg

6693_garden_tour_011.jpg

6693_garden_tour_012.jpg

6693_garden_tour_013.jpg

6693_garden_tour_014.jpg

6693_garden_tour_018.jpg

6693_garden_tour_015.jpg

Now a good mow and trim and I am all set. YAY!!!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful gardens, yard and critters! Your place will be a big hit, I am sure of it! Hope you have a lovely, sunny day for the tour... Keep us posted!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a wonderful corner of paradise you have there, Damummis!

I am sure that you have made us all very envious. I hope you can show up in my yard and create the same setting!

;)

(Isn't that a small pond there at the edge of the forest? Lots of nice accents - plant, animal, fencing, paths :bouquet!)

A little evidence of the hailstorm will simply add character to your fairyland environment.

Steve

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, it is the duck pond. A lot of the area was swamp, so we dug out the duck pond and added all the drainage paths you see that drain down to the pond. We raised the level of the yard with yard debris and the such. Built the rock wall to retain everything and gradually filled. It has taken 10 years to get it like this.