Kitchen garden tour. TOUR DAY!! 9-3. Bring it!! I am ready.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love it- a positive attitude about weeds!! Can't wait to hear how the tour goes for you...

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Dh and I dug all the shrubs out from in front of the house and put them in the side yard. They were not doing well where they were and they were causing the house to mildew. We went to the garden center the other day and he caught the "bug". We are going back tomorrow for our gardens. We were spending client's money yesterday. :D He is turning into quite the artistic director. :lol: The side yard looks like a woodland park now. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am really starting to hate this weather. The middle of June and the summer clothes are still not out. I am STILL in thermals, a jacket and hat. My toes feel numb and I have a fire going in the wood stove. I hope the peppers and eggplants survive. Everything seems to be in suspended animation. The ducks love it though. Wet and slugs. Duck heaven.

Right now it is pouring out. I am sure the ground will be too wet to work tomorrow. I was suppose to paint a deck but I don't see that happening. Lawns are too wet to mow without the grass clogging the mowers.

Maybe I shouldn't complain, we could be on fire. :rolleyes:

How is everyone else surviving?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it's not pouring rain here, but I'm still in wool socks, and a fleece jacket while I'm working. (oh yes, I wear other clothes too! :p ).
We're supposed to be getting a bit warmer, that's what they keep telling us anyway, and I hope we do. I haven't even planted the peppers in the ground yet. That's more of a lack of time issue than weather tho'.
Hope you dry out and warm up soon :coolsun

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Please send your rain and cool weather to Louisiana! The whole state is under a burn ban. :( High temps for the next several days is 100 degrees or better - we've had no rain for ages. Thank goodness I have a well to water the garden.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
We hit spring this week. From 50's and 60's to near 90 today. We've spent the last three days replacing drippers, moving lines, resetting the watering clocks, etc. Good thing the aquifer is quite full up here, due to the long rainy season. We use well water for irrigation for our 7 acres. City water for the house.

I was replanting my garden since the gophers got all my 'maters. Had to buy plants, but now its looking good.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The sun is shining and it is a loverly day. I do feel for all you who are cooked and crispy. We all have our garden woes this year.

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Today was picture day. I had a photographer come by to take pics for the booklet and newspaper for the tour. I am kinda bummed that things are not further along. If any are posted on the blog I will let you all know.

Latest posts