Kombucha tea and fermented vegetables

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quote: Richard, you can still start your own again from Synergy brand

Are you sure, I heard they are treating it so it won't/can't be used as a starter. Do you know anyone who has tried it recently?

I was going to try it but found starters for sale at a health food store and I did not want to wait that long because I heard it could take 2 weeks. I also heard what you said so I was not real hopeful anyway, but after I had bought mine, I saw somebody on some site that showed a picture of their mushroom from Synergy brand and it was HUGE.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried the Synergy mango flavor and didn't like it. I don't think I like kombucha. Any tips on how I can learn to like it?

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure I really like any flavor over just plain kombucha tea. The pineapple is getting bubbles, so I will put one in the refrigerator to get cold and try it tomorrow. Probably best to just eat pineapple and enjoy it.

Fleur

Sprout
Reaction score
I have 4 quarts of cabbage fermenting with a culture named Kinetic Culture. I never used a culture for vegetables and I have not made kombucha tea for about 10 years or so and today I have 3 gallons going. I have been buying it now and then for $6 a gallon from a lady at church, but DD and her psoriasis and blood work results, she wants to drink it and her future husband. I brought in an ice chest that holds 3 gallons, bought a seed mat with a thermostat, brought in my gallon jars from the garage, bought some organic green tea and I have some organic black currant, so 2 gallons of green and 1 gallon of black currant. I also bought a couple of those thermometers you put on fish tanks. All excited and happy about this and the vegetables I am going to use other things besides just cabbage eventually with a herbs, peppers, and recipe on website even has sweet potatoes in it.

How exciting! I've been wanting to try to brew my own kombucha for quite a long time now but always end up buying it because I'm not sure it's worth the hassle? I know it's much cheaper to make your own but don't have much space at home...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Richard, I just looked over the Synergy bottle carefully, and didn't see anything that would indicate either way. It does say raw, unadulterated, and natural.
I think I will try it again with the dregs of this bottle I have. I can't make it taste as good as Gingerberry, but it is drinkable. If it doesn't work, at least we'll know.
@ninnymary , try the gingerberry flavor. Doesn't taste like stale beer. Kind of like fruity bubbly tea.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
How exciting! I've been wanting to try to brew my own kombucha for quite a long time now but always end up buying it because I'm not sure it's worth the hassle? I know it's much cheaper to make your own but don't have much space at home...
Fleur, you only need the space to put a gallon jar.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Richard, I just looked over the Synergy bottle carefully, and didn't see anything that would indicate either way. It does say raw, unadulterated, and natural.
I think I will try it again with the dregs of this bottle I have. I can't make it taste as good as Gingerberry, but it is drinkable. If it doesn't work, at least we'll know.
@ninnymary , try the gingerberry flavor. Doesn't taste like stale beer. Kind of like fruity bubbly tea.
I'll try to remember to get one on Friday when I go grocery shopping.

Mary

Latest posts