Kombucha tea and fermented vegetables

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really need to go to the natural food store and see if they have a starter. I want to try this. I've had a lot of stomach issues lately and it sounds like this might help and it probably wouldn't hurt anyway.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As long as it has a mother in it I would think it would work. Or maybe they sell live cultures. Anyway I'm going to find out the next time I go to the big city.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw somewhere a woman had the same starter after 50 years. Thanks Cane for the info.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane after 2 years drinking feel any difference ?
I WISH that I drank it more regularly. Sometimes, when it starts to get low in the jar (and much stronger) I'll let it sit a while until I get a chance to brew up another gallon of tea and dump it in. Just slips my mind...
But - when I AM drinking it every morning find that I sleep better at night, feel less 'draggy' all day, have less stomach issues, seem to crave sugar less..
After reading about the resolved skin issues, I think that I need to get back to it on a daily basis for a few months!! Between that and maybe cutting out sugar (easier when 'on the booch') my skin issues just might clear up!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Richard, I just looked over the Synergy bottle carefully, and didn't see anything that would indicate either way. It does say raw, unadulterated, and natural.
I think I will try it again with the dregs of this bottle I have. I can't make it taste as good as Gingerberry, but it is drinkable. If it doesn't work, at least we'll know.
@ninnymary , try the gingerberry flavor. Doesn't taste like stale beer. Kind of like fruity bubbly tea.
@so lucky I looked for the Synergy gingerberry flavor but they didn't have it. They had tons of others. Was it perhaps another brand?

Mary