Komidas brandy ~ one bottle came up with me this mornings ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
IMG_0777.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
Blew snow ~ lots of it ~ I enter through the garage and cup under ~ into the house ~ well ~ I pass ~ racked wine and brandy ~ made years and years ago ~ today ~ one bottle came up with me ~ I've named this Komidas Brandy ~ after Soghomon Soghomonian, ordained and commonly known as Komitas, was an Armenian priest, musicologist, composer, arranger, singer, and choirmaster, who is considered the founder of Armenian national school of music.

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
IMG_0780.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG

This is my attempt at Madnakash ~ flat bread I love ~ not very close ~ maybe next time ~ ladled on is ~ pepper paste from a jar Auntie Diana left with us ~ on the label it claims to be Antap Pepper ~ not hot ~ but rich in flavor ~ this I will eat with a glass or two or ~`` ( Antap or Antab is a city ` now in turkey )
I can still hear ~ at picnics , when I was little, ~ Uncle George saying: " Antapzi pilov is greasy again " ~ they're great, fun loving people ~ they from Antap ```

Very nice ~ I admit ~ the Komidas ~ turned my head ~ but ~ I think it OK ~ on this one occasion ```

Attachments

• IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have some jars of an Indian (the country) garlic pickle i made and put it away in the closet thinking i would get a jar out once in a while and eat it. forgotten it because it was buried under other things.

i tasted some yesterday, kinda wary because it's been a while since i made it. it actually turned out well and seems to have stored ok, as i'm not dead today... i fed the remainder of the jar to the three worm buckets i was in yesterday replenishing their food stores.

i have some old jars of concord grape jam i will feed instead. the garlic pickle i keep and eat. main ingredient is garlic, others are yellow raisins, dates, onion, roasted mustard, roasted fenugreek and some other things i can't recall, but it is a fair approximation of what we bought at the store the brand was Pataks Garlic Pickle. it is great spread on bread. like you say. very complex flavors and satisfying.

brandy would put me under the table.

enjoy. :)