Lab/Great Dane Puppy!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have lost 2 roosters to "who KNOWS what" over the years. They just got sick and died a few days later. Maybe? bug bites?!?
I have owned birds off and on since I was 5yo, starting with parakeets. Birds don't seem to be able to recover and heal once they get sick. Counter THAT with the puncture injury one of my horses got about 10 years ago. It was easily 5 inches deep and dirty. The University Vet saw him and it didn't hit an artery or damage the muscles in his chest. We flushed it out every day with an iodine and water mix, then packed with Nitrofuricin. After a few months you couldn't even see the hole. Mammals heal so much better and horses heal so well that you sometimes have to abraid what is called "proud flesh" where the healing goes overkill.
Don't wanna say what I paid to have my first hen's Vet visit, but I got a neat x-ray out of it.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister is not a dog person. When she 1st got married her husband had 2 outside labs. One day while visiting I went out to see the dogs. I was shocked to see a fresh deep gash down the face of one dog. I went inside and told my sister, she said they had a fight that morning when fed breakfast. I told her it was very deep needed stickies and antibiotics. my sister said she wasnt spending money on a vet it would heal by its self. We had a big fight over it and I stormed off mumbling some people should not own dogs. Months later when I was back at her house I checked the dog I could not find any sign of a scar it healed so well. I figured my sister broke down and took dog to vet. Nope healed on its own like she said it would

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I asked Carson "where is your sock?" He has a knotted sock that he loves to chew and play tug. The sock was on the floor behind him. His ears perked up and I continued asking him about his sock and telling him to go find it. I could literally see him thinking about it, after a few moments, he turned, saw his sock and brought it to me.

First time I asked for something and he went and got it!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carson loves the grand babies. This is the two year old wrapping him in a blanket.

c36b310d-6973-40dd-ada0-83e1656d9be5-jpeg.8957

He loves his Daddy too!

17f86d43-c4a7-4876-a041-b5650c8173bf-jpeg.8959

Our 11 year old granddaughter got in my lap and here came Carson. He wiggles himself up in my lap and spread out over both of us. LOL

b05a7fd6-3075-4280-b017-314bc225c44c-jpeg.8958

Latest posts