Lab/Great Dane Puppy!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Eva, lap doggy, 11-16-18.jpg

Eva, lap doggy, 4.5 months old, OVER 35 pounds!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carson wanted outside at 1:30 this morning. Husband got up and let him out to potty. Afterwards Carson wouldn’t come back in, he wanted to play with Trip. It was 31 degrees but the cold didn’t bother Carson one bit, DH came back to bed.

DH got up this morning to see Carson and Trip playing in the driveway and he called them. Carson ran for the door, happy and pleased with himself. I got up, got my cup of coffee and Carson climbed in my lap and drifted off to sleep.

60258B3C-06E7-4B4C-85A6-19A62244B5A1.jpeg

545B5D69-E137-46DF-83BD-C3D4748F5BA9.jpeg

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carson wanted outside at 1:30 this morning. Husband got up and let him out to potty. Afterwards Carson wouldn’t come back in, he wanted to play with Trip. It was 31 degrees but the cold didn’t bother Carson one bit, DH came back to bed.

DH got up this morning to see Carson and Trip playing in the driveway and he called them. Carson ran for the door, happy and pleased with himself. I got up, got my cup of coffee and Carson climbed in my lap and drifted off to sleep.

View attachment 29579

View attachment 29580
At 5 months old romping at night might be cute now... when he gets older , the night time romp will mutate to a long run out in the neighborhood. It may be wise to snip this fun run in the bud.... Example: Just about 10 miles from our ranch, a neighbor left their mare and a 3 day old foal out in their pasture for the night for the first time, meanwhile their next door neighbor's Great Dane was having a night time run looking to have some fun by chaceing horses. Later that morning the horse owner found their dead foal with that dog still in the pasture. Dog owner was not too happy when they were presented with a $10,000 dollar bill from the horse owners' attorney. Just saying !

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Agreed. Middle of the night time should be leash time. They ALL need it. I have had to work with Eva even with a choke chain, although with a puppy you can pull back and verbally remind on every leash walk. Eva cannot free range at DD's house. Too many breakables, so she is Always on a leash there and has learned it is sit and lie down time while we eat dinner.
Btw the BLM kills a lot of mustang foals bc they round up with helicopters. Doesn't happen when horses are rounded up with people ON horseback.
Horses are like huge rabbits. They have to be desensitized to stimuli and WILL run themselves to death if threatened, although adults will turn and fight.

Latest posts