Lab/Great Dane Puppy!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thought of your pup Tuesday. Doing a plot and a half grown black lab pup came over. Very proud of herself. Loved the attention. Sally had her owners phone number so we called, they came & got her.

If a dog could talk, I could imagine her saying “let’s stay and play”. She would have if she knew in 30 minutes, we would be cooking brats.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary,

My grandmother (called "Goldie" by quite a few people) gave me a Gold Sebright pullet. For some reason, the little chicken had no barring so she was 100% gold.

I was 4 and, after she gave me the little chicken, we moved several hundred miles away. Of course, I called the chicken, Goldie.

My grandmother only lived 2 more years and I only saw her once more before her passing. I don't know what she thought of me naming her little hen after her. When she visited, we hadn't yet moved onto a farm. Goldie was our only "livestock" other than Pepper, the dog. They both lived in our backyard.

Goldie the Sebright lived to be 7 years old. Her passing was noted by me on the last line on the "Deaths" page of the family bible. Dad still has the bible.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary,

My grandmother (called "Goldie" by quite a few people) gave me a Gold Sebright pullet. For some reason, the little chicken had no barring so she was 100% gold.

I was 4 and, after she gave me the little chicken, we moved several hundred miles away. Of course, I called the chicken, Goldie.

My grandmother only lived 2 more years and I only saw her once more before her passing. I don't know what she thought of me naming her little hen after her. When she visited, we hadn't yet moved onto a farm. Goldie was our only "livestock" other than Pepper, the dog. They both lived in our backyard.

Goldie the Sebright lived to be 7 years old. Her passing was noted by me on the last line on the "Deaths" page of the family bible. Dad still has the bible.

Steve
I think it probably warmed her heart that a little boy would name a chicken after her. I know it would me.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
scan0006.jpg

Goldie with her half-grown chicks and

Steve
probably about 8

Latest posts