LAST FREEZE DATE IS HERE!!! :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
no, Sierra Foothills. At 2100 feet.

I do have a greenhouse. It came with the property but its just barren inside. Its made from hard wavy plastic walls, and so I've been starting to research how to keep it warm at nite. Its too far away from the house for electricity.

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Waaaa.....my last freeze date is May 20th......sigh.....
I understand...sorta..... my husband's lunch garden can't go out until then because it still freezes up there for another few weeks. :( It's about 3000' ASL

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ugh, my last freeze date is May 30th!!! You are making me very jealous! Plants are sprouting in my cold frames and tomatoes are ready to be transplanted in the house-but I am still going to need a big dose of patience!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Yep, v.....got some scarlet runner beans that I'm having a fit to plant. The only fence trellis I have that's tall enough for the vines (7 foot) is taken up by my sugar snaps. They, the sugar snaps, should "burn up" and be done in the heat that is right around the corner, soon, and I'll be able to plant the "runners".
I cut me some bamboo posts and just leaned them up against my daughter's playhouse in the yard. I'm going to grow my beans up that. Tee Pee style!

warmfuzzies

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I live at 4000 ft, but our last frost date is the 31st of April or so. I have started planting out our tomatoes, since we only have two weeks to go and this whole next week is supposed to have lows above 40. Our soil temps are already high, they always are before the last frost. They have been about 60deg.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Waaaa.....my last freeze date is May 20th......sigh.....
Same here, it was 28 when I got up this morning. Buurrrgh. I do know that our gardens do taste better because we have to wait so long or at least that how I console myself. HUM HUM.

Latest posts