Least Useful Tool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've figured it out!

Strap a sand bag on the handle for extra weight. Yeah, you may have to use 2 or 3 bags for balance ...

Well look, that's what we'd do with concrete blocks on the disc harrow behind the tractor.

;) Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m a sucker and used to get suckered in to a lot of absolutely worthless yard /garden/and home improvement gimmick tools regularly. I am older and smarter now and do not fall into as many traps as I used to. Does anybody still have the walls o water tomato things? The topsy turvy? Already mentioned are the garden weasel, and the garden claw, I have had every thing that I have mentioned and never ever use any of them after the first use. Not that they don’t have a use just not for me. Two years ago I picked up an earth way seeder from market place and I really really like it. I have had to modify the plates slightly for some seed but for medium to large seeds there is no faster way to get planted. I tried using it for seeding carrots and it was a total disaster, I don’t think there is an easy way to plant carrot seed. I have started using pelleted seed and it cuts way back on the back breaking job of thinning. I may be able to think up several more examples but these are a few.
P.S I know some of us still probably use these items and they work for your situation or soil type they are just not for me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Collector , I know of Colorado gardeners who use the Walls of Water. It's a tough place for them to grow garden crops. And, I'm not talking about at 8,000 feet. Does everyone realize that Denver has a frost-free season longer at 5,000 feet than gardens here at 2,000 feet?

The weather is just much more dramatic at those elevations. Hailstorms seem to be their worse problem.

Pelleted seed has more advantages than just fitting in a seeder. That coating really helps hold some moisture for slow germination seeds.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210323-124000_kindlephoto-102190614.png